GRILLED PANGASIUS WITH MANGO SALSA
- 110g – 170g pangasius fillet
- 16ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 30ml lemon juice
- 2g minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Dried basil
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 6g chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded (depending on how hot you want it)
- 60ml lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- For Marinade:
- Whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the pangasius fillets, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Peel and dice the mango.
- Combine with the red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and toss well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For Salsa:
- Pre-heat frying/grill pan.
- Remove the Pangasius from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the fillets skin side down for approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Serve the Pangasius topped with mango salsa.
Source: This recipe and its image are taken from http://visualfoods.co.uk . The original fish is pangasius which can be replaced by tilapia to make new taste.